Providing free legal services and advocacy to protect and advance the health rights of low-income and underserved Pennsylvanians eligible for publicly-funded health care.
Philadelphia Bar Foundation Grant Impact
The Philadlephia Bar Foundation is committed to providing justice and accessible legal aid to all members of the Philadelphia region. The Bar Foundation's grant provides general operational support to the Pennsylvania Health Law Project, which provides the organization with flexibility when responding to emerging legal issues.
Summary List of Programs and Services
- Legal representation of Pennsylvanians either seeking health insurance coverage or Pennsylvanians with health insurance denied medically necessary services
- Community education: monthly newsletters, web site, and direct outreach to the community
- Health policy advocacy on behalf of consumers
Summary List of Priorities for Client Intake
- All aspects of the Pennsylvania Medicaid/Medical Assistance Program, including eligibility, managed care grievances and appeals, long term services and supports (e.g., in-home supports and nursing home care), service limit appeals, Medicaid transportation programs, rural health, and behavioral health
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) eligibility and services
- Charitable obligations of health care providers and insurers
- Health care policy and financing for low-income programs
- Health care provider education