Law Firm and Business Support
Unified Approach to Giving
The Bar Foundation's law firm donation structure, Unified Giving, requests an annual one-time financial gift that provides sustenance to the Bar Foundation for the whole year, each year, rather than multiple requests for event sponsorships from the Philadelphia Bar Foundation throughout the year.
The opportunities this approach provides are:
- Continuous support and promotion of our law firm supporters. Your firm name will continue to be included in our promotional materials and on our website. As Unified Giving Partners, firm lawyers are invited to attend our virtual Access to Justice Awards Benefit scheduled for Tuesday, October 20, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. At this virtual event, we will acknowledge and thank your firm for your Unified Giving partnership and celebrate the achievements of our public interest community.
- Fortification of the Philadelphia Equal Justice Center. As the Equal Justice Center project works to transform the delivery of legal services through collaboration, reinvestment, service delivery, and innovation, Unified Giving is especially important. It allows the project team to focus on creating a supportive environment as we work together to enhance the quality of life in Philadelphia for decades to come.
- A reduced focus on event fundraising. In alignment with current best practices, Unified Giving allows more time for high-level guidance and proactive strategic planning for the future of the Bar Foundation. In addition, it minimizes competition for dates, locations, and attendees at other local fundraising events.
- Long-term sustainability. Law firm giving has thrived under this model due to reduced expenses related to solicitation work at multiple times during the year. Our Board members are turning their attention to developing deeper, mutually beneficial relationships with donors and constituents. Unified Giving commitments provide the Bar Foundation with flexibility and allow us to maximize revenue and reduce costs. We have successfully acquired new donors and gifts while simultaneously raising awareness for the Bar Foundation's work in strengthening the civil legal aid community in Philadelphia.
The Unified Approach to Giving is not intended to affect individual contributions which continue to be a substantial part of the Philadelphia Bar Foundation’s annual revenue.
Thank You to Our 2020 Unified Giving Partners:
$10,001 - $25,000 Partnership
- Cozen O'Connor
$5,001 - $10,000 Partnership
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Hangley Aronchick Segal Pudlin & Schiller
- Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin, P.C.
- Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP
Up to $5,000 Partnership
- Barrack, Rodos & Bacine
- Berger Montague PC
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boni, Zack & Snyder LLC
- Cohen, Placitella & Roth, P.C.
- Fine, Kaplan and Black, R.P.C.
- Gay & Chacker
- Hausfeld LLP
- Langer, Grogan & Diver P.C.
- Levin, Sedran & Berman LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
The Philadelphia Bar Foundation greatly appreciates the support we receive through Unified Giving. Your generous gifts demonstrate true dedication to our mission and vision for equal access to justice.
To participate or learn more, please contact Laura Powers, Director of Development and Communications.