This week, the Philadelphia Bar Foundation joined the Philanthropy Network Greater Philadelphia’s inaugural Equity Cohort. Executive Director Jessica Hilburn-Holmes and Trustee Pauline Markey will represent the Bar Foundation in the program.
Supported by a leadership grant from the Scattergood Foundation, the Equity Cohort is a 12-month immersive program for two representatives—one executive and one board member/trustee—from local foundations. The program is designed to foster awareness, reflection, and institutional change among regional funders regarding structural and systemic barriers to equity, particularly as they pertain to race. The Bar Foundation joins 11 other foundations participating in the peer-based experience.
Participating organizations include:
• Stockton Rush Bartol Foundation
• Brandywine Health Foundation
• The Alfred and Mary Douty Foundation
• Samuel S. Fels Fund
• Impact100 Philadelphia
• Independence Public Media Foundation
• Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) Philadelphia
• Pennsylvania Humanities Council
• Philadelphia Bar Foundation
• The Presser Foundation
• The Scattergood Foundation
• Women’s Way
The Bar Foundation will also receive six hours of customized consultation, involving staff and Trustees in the Equity Cohort’s work.